Last updated on May 30th, 2022.
On our platform, you will come across various video links that are posted by our participants and users. We may also allow users to comment on such videos. These videos ought to be educational.
We recognize how important it is for our platform to be a place where people feel empowered to share their videos and to interact with the videos shared by other participants, and we take seriously our role in keeping abuse off our platform. That’s why we’ve developed a set of Community Guidelines that outline what is and is not allowed on our platform. These guidelines are our acceptable use policy. If you come across a content that shouldn’t be on our platform, please report it to us at email@example.com.
- Content Safety
Our platform is not a place for antagonistic, explicit, false or misleading, harmful, hateful, or violent content or behaviour. We may remove, limit, or block the distribution of such content and the accounts, that create or spread it.
- COVID-19: Community Guidelines Updates and Protections: As people around the world confront this unprecedented public health emergency, we want to make sure that our Community Guidelines protect people from harmful content and new types of abuse related to COVID-19. We’re working to keep our site free of content that has the potential to contribute to real-world harm, including through misinformation that contributes to the risk of imminent violence or physical harm.
- Hateful Activities
Our platform isn’t a place for hateful content or the people and groups that promote hateful activities. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including:
- Slurs or negative stereotypes, caricatures and generalizations;
- Support for hate groups and people promoting hateful activities, prejudice and conspiracy theories;
- Condoning or trivializing violence because of a victim’s membership in a vulnerable or protected group;
- Support for white supremacy, limiting women’s rights and other discriminatory ideas;
- Hate-based conspiracy theories and misinformation;
- Denial of an individual’s gender identity or sexual orientation, and support for conversion therapy and related programs;
- Attacks on individuals including public figures based on their membership in a vulnerable or protected group;
- Mocking or attacking the beliefs, sacred symbols, movements, or institutions of the protected or vulnerable groups.
Our platform isn’t a place for misinformation, disinformation, mal-information or the individuals spreading or creating it. We remove or limit distribution of false or misleading content that may harm our users or the public’s well-being, safety or trust, including:
- Medically unsupported health claims that risk public health and safety, including the promotion of false cures, anti-vaccination advice, or misinformation about public health or safety emergencies;
- False or misleading content about individuals or protected groups that promotes fear, hate or prejudice;
- False or misleading content that encourages turning individuals, groups of people, places or organizations into targets of harassment or physical violence;
- Conspiracy theories;
- Content that originates from disinformation campaigns;
- Factual information that’s published or deliberately modified to erode trust or inflict harm, such as changing or omitting of context, date or time;
- Fabricated or meaningfully manipulated visual or audio content that erodes trust or causes harm;
- False or misleading content that impedes an election’s integrity or an individual’s or group’s civic participation, including registering to vote, voting and being counted in a census;
- False or misleading information about the dates, times, locations and procedure for voting or census participation;
- Content that misleads voters about how to correctly fill-out and submit a ballot, including a mail-in ballot, or census form;
- False or misleading information about who can vote or participate in the census and what information must be provided to participate;
- False or misleading statements about who is collecting information and/or how it will be used;
- False or misleading information about public safety that is intended to deter people from exercising their right to vote or participate in a census;
- Content that encourages or instructs voters or participants to misrepresent themselves or illegally participate;
- Content apparently intended to delegitimize election results on the basis of false or misleading claims;
- Threats against voting locations, census or voting personnel, voters or census participants, including intimidation of vulnerable or protected group voters or participants.
- Harassment and Criticism
Our platform isn’t a place to insult, hurt or antagonize individuals or groups of people. There are good reasons to express criticism, but we may limit the distribution of or remove insulting content to keep our platform a positive place. This includes:
- Manipulated images intended to degrade or shame;
- Shaming people for their bodies or assumed sexual or romantic history;
- Sexual remarks about people’s bodies and solicitations or offers of sexual acts;
- Criticisms involving name-calling, profanity and other insulting language or imagery;
- Mocking someone for experiencing sadness, grief, loss or outrage.
- Private Information
We don’t allow content that reveals personal or sensitive information. We remove:
- Personal ID and passport information;
- Private contact information and addresses;
- Online login information;
- Photos of private people that they don’t want posted online;
- Personal financial or medical history.
- Self-injury and Harmful Behaviour
Our platform isn’t a place for content that displays, rationalizes or encourages suicide, self-injury, eating disorders or substance abuse. We’ll limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
- Self-harm instructions;
- Suicidal thinking;
- Graphic or otherwise triggering imagery or descriptions of self-harm;
- Promotion of self-harm;
- Mocking of people who self-harm or who have attempted or died by suicide;
- Images of accessories used to self-harm;
- Negative self-talk and insensitive humor about self-harming behavior.
- Graphic Violence and Threats
Our platform isn’t a place for graphic violence or threatening language. We limit the distribution of or remove such content, including:
- Grossly disturbing scenes from before or after violent events
- Threats or language that glorifies violence
- Harmful or Deceptive Products & Practices
Our platform isn’t a place for practices and products that may be harmful or deceptive. We limit the distribution of or remove such content and accounts, including, but not limited to:
- Instructions and products for hacking or breaching security measures;
- Online gambling and lotteries;
- Counterfeit documents;
- Privacy violating products or services;
- Exploitative financial practices.
We don’t allow accounts that impersonate or misrepresent their affiliation with any person or organization. If you have a fan or commentary account for a public figure or brand, make it clear through your username or profile that you aren’t officially affiliated with them.
All of our Community Guidelines apply in the comments posted on the platform. In addition, comments should be relevant. We may remove comments that violate our guidelines, including those that contain:
- Irrelevant or non-purposeful material;
- Sexually explicit content;
- Self-harm content;
- Hateful activities;
- Harassment or privacy violations;
- Copyright or trademark infringement.
- Intellectual Property and other rights
We take intellectual property rights seriously and believe they are important to promoting expression, creativity, and innovation on our platform. You own all of the content and information you post on the platform. However, before sharing content on the platform, please be sure you have the right to do so. We ask that you respect other people’s copyrights, trademarks and other legal rights. We are committed to helping people and organizations promote and protect their intellectual property rights.
Our Terms does not allow people to post content that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
- Follow the Law
Our platform is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups. Offering sexual services, buying or selling firearms, alcohol, and tobacco products between private individuals, and buying or selling illegal or prescription drugs (even if legal in your region) are also not allowed.
We have zero tolerance when it comes to sharing sexual content involving minors or threatening to post intimate images of others.
- Platform Security
To protect our platform, we ask that you please:
- Don’t access, use or tamper with our systems or our technical providers’ systems;
- Don’t break or circumvent our security measures or test the vulnerability of our systems or networks;
- Don’t use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change any part of the Site;
- Don’t try to reverse engineer our software;
- Don’t try to interfere with people on the platform or our hosts or networks, like sending a virus, overloading, spamming or mail-bombing;
- Don’t collect or store personally identifiable information from the platform or people on the platform without permission;
- Don’t share your password, let anyone access your account or do anything that might put your account at risk;
- Don’t attempt to buy or sell access to your account, boards, or usernames, or otherwise transfer account features for compensation.
We want the content and messages on the platform to be high-quality and useful, so we remove spam when we find it. We ask that you be considerate of others’ experiences on the platform and don’t spread spam or engage in spammy behaviour.
Our guidelines around spam are:
- Don’t use automation that hasn’t been explicitly approved by us. This includes unauthorized services that automatically perform actions on your behalf;
- Don’t create or operate accounts that aren’t authentic, create accounts en masse, or create new accounts for the purpose of violating these guidelines;
- Don’t create or save content that is repetitive, deceptive, or irrelevant in an attempt to make money;
- Don’t link to websites that are unsafe, deceptive, untrustworthy, unoriginal, or that facilitate or encourage spam;
- Don’t make repetitive or irrelevant comments. Comments should be authentic and original. We also ask that you be kind to others by keeping your commentary respectful and constructive;
- Don’t operate multiple accounts or coordinate with other people with the purpose of manipulating the platform;
- Don’t use any other unscrupulous tactics to attempt to improperly influence distribution, clicks, or other metrics, including: buying or selling engagement, “stuffing” irrelevant keywords, generating inauthentic traffic;
- Don’t attempt to evade our anti-spam systems.
If you have any questions about these Community Guidelines, or if you would like to report a violation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Black and Belonging