- Acceptance of the Terms & Conditions
By accessing or using our Website or enrolling in our e-courses, submitting your videos, or taking similar action to signify your affirmative acceptance of these Terms, you hereby affirm that:
- You have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Terms, as published on the Website.
- You are of sound mind and at least of the age of majority as per the laws of State that you reside in, in order to form a binding contract with us. In case you are not of the age of majority, then you must have the permission of your lawful guardian to use and access the Website.
- We have not previously disabled your account for the violation of law or any of our policies.
- Accounts, Passwords and Security
- Account Registration: To access various parts of the Website, and to avail various services, you might be required to register and create an account with us. When setting up and maintaining your account, you must provide and continue to provide accurate and complete information about yourself. As part of the registration process, you will create a password and an account.
- Security: You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account, including, without limitation, all actions by sub-users registered under your account. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss, damage or other liability arising from your failure to comply with this Section or from any unauthorized access to or use of your account.
- No sharing of login credentials: You are expressly prohibited from sharing your login credentials or court access to any third party, without availing our prior written consent.
- Inaccurate Information: If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any of the information submitted by you is untrue, inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete, we may terminate your user account and refuse current or future use of any or all services.
- Use of the Site
- Allowed uses:
- Directions of Use: You must follow any and all guidelines or policies or directions of use as associated with our services, including all of our e-courses, contests, and other content.
- Information: Whenever prompted, you must provide us with the correct, accurate and updated information about yourself.
- Material: For the purposes of these Terms, “material” shall mean any course, video, audio, text, graphics, sound material, published on the Website or in our courses, whether a copyright of Black and Belonging, its owner, its licensors or any third party. You are not allowed to download or print the material, or extracts from it, in a systematic or regular manner or otherwise so as to create a database in electronic or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on the Website. You must not reproduce any part of the Website or the material or transmit it to or store it in any other website or disseminate any part of the material in any other form, unless we have indicated that you may do so.
- Restricted uses:
- You can’t impersonate others or provide inaccurate information.
- You must not misuse or interfere with the Website or our courses or try to access them using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. You may use the courses only as permitted by applicable law, and as per the directions provided by us.
- You must not:
- republish material (including our courses and any of its content) from this Website;
- sell, rent or sub-license material (including our courses and any of its content) from the Website;
- show any material (including our courses and any of its content) from the Website in public without our consent;
- edit or otherwise modify any material (including our courses and any of its content) on the Website (other than editing your own information as per the method provided);
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material (including our courses and any of its content) on our Website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material (including our e-courses and any of its content) from the Website, except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution, or with our written consent and according to our terms;
- infringe or violate our Intellectual Property Rights or Intellectual Property Rights of our licensors or any third party;
- We reserve the right to restrict your access to any areas of our Website, or indeed our whole Website, at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to discontinue our services, or discontinue any of our courses from our Website, at any time, at our sole discretion.
- You must not use our Website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use our Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our Website, without our expressed written consent.
- Access to Courses and other content
- Access: At Black and Belonging, we offer various courses. When you get access to any such courses or content, you get a license from us to view and use its content on a non-exclusive basis. Don’t try to transfer or resell our courses in any way. You shall also not share your account information with anyone else, illegally download the content of our course or publish it anywhere, either online or offline, except for the content and course which we expressly allow you to share.
- License: Black and Belonging grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and view the courses and associated content, solely, in accordance with these Terms and any conditions or restrictions associated with a particular course or feature of our service. All other uses are expressly prohibited. You shall not reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any course, unless we give you explicit permission to do.
- Reservation of Right: We reserve the right to revoke any license to access and use courses at any point in time in the event where we decide or are obligated to disable access to a course due to legal or policy reasons, due to your infringement. Or due to changes in content that we choose to make available.
- Video Contest
Black and Belonging has a video contest where users will be able to submit a link to their YouTube, Google, or Canva video. These videos shall be educative. Any and all videos shared by you on our platform shall at all times comply with our Community Standards. Other users will also be able to like such videos, vote on their favorite videos, and/or share videos from the contest. Some winners will be decided based on popular vote (i.e., videos with the most votes). Other winners will be decided based on a vote by judges. Winners will receive gift cards of a certain value. We reserve the right to change any and all rules or revoke or modify the stated prizes for any and all reasons. We also reserve the right to close certain contests at any time. If your video goes against our Community Standards, or against the law, then we reserve the right to take down your video link from our platform, and disqualify you from the contest.
- Ownership Rights
This Website, its logos, trademark, trade dress, trade name, content, information, our courses, videos, graphics, texts, blogs and other content, shall remain the sole property of the Black and Belonging, its owner, licensor or third parties, as the case may be. Your use of or access to this Website or courses or other content shall not in any way transfer or assign to you any ownership or other proprietary rights in or to this Website or such course or any content published by us or our licensors or third parties. This Website and the Content, including but not limited to the courses, trademark, logo, copyright, design, layout, typography, underlying HTML, Java scripts, text, audio clips, video clips and graphics, and in the expression of the information contained herein, whether as a compilation or otherwise is protected by relevant U.S. Intellectual Property laws, rules and regulations. Trademarks, trade names and designs appearing on this Website are the exclusive property of, or are licensed to Black and Belonging, and are protected. No use of a trademark, trade dress, trade name, design, or any unauthorized use of the courses or its content, appearing on this Website may be made without the prior written permission of Black and Belonging.
The site, our services, courses, videos, blogs, content and other materials are provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis, and Black and Belonging (and our owners, instructors, licensors and affiliates) expressly disclaim any and all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, including all warranties or conditions of quality, suitability, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, performance, safety, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment, accuracy, or non-infringement of the same. We make no warranty that the Site or our courses or our services will meet your expectations, will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis. We reserve the right to change any and all rules or revoke or modify the stated prizes for any and all reasons in respect to our video contests. We also reserve the right to close certain contests at our discretion. If your video goes against our Community Standards, or against the law, then we reserve the right to take down your video link from our platform, and disqualify you from the contest. Since these videos are posted by third parties over whom we have no control, we disclaim all warranties with respect to such videos.
- Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT about our services, and any of our courses or other content. In no event shall Black and Belonging, or its owner(s), be liable to you or any third party for any lost profits, loss of livelihood, lost data, costs of procurement of substitute services, or any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages arising from or relating to these terms or our services, even if Black and Belonging has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Access to, and use of, the Website and availing our services is at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any losses or damages resulting therefrom.
- Legal Action
If you are found to be degrading, tarnishing, maligning the image, or reputation of Black and Belonging or its owners, by spreading hate, insulting, writing fake reviews, or engaging in mala fide actions against the above, strong legal actions will be taken immediately.
You acknowledge to defend, indemnify and hold Black and Belonging, its owners, and licensors (hereinafter referred to as “Indemnified Party”) harmless from and against any claim, disputes, fine, liability, demand or expense, including reasonable Attorneys’ fees, made by a third party, relating to, or arising from:
- Your violation of our rights, including without limitation to any right to privacy, publicity rights, defamation or intellectual property rights;
- Your wrongful or improper use or exploitation of our services, Website or courses or content;
- Your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations;
- Your violation of these Terms or any other policy of ours as associated with our services;
The indemnifications set forth above will survive the termination or expiration of these Terms and/or your use of our services.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- Governing Law: The Terms and any dispute arising from the same will be governed by applicable laws of State of North Carolina (USA), except its conflict of law principles.
- Exclusive Jurisdiction: All disputes must first be attempted to resolved amicably, failing which, such controversy, conflict or dispute shall be finally settled by bringing it before the appropriate State or Federal courts situated in Durham, North Carolina (USA).
When you use the Website or send emails to Black and Belonging, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive electronically any communications related to your use of this Website. Black and Belonging will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on this Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that are provided to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. We may give notice by means of a general notice via electronic mail to your email address as available with us. If you want to give a notice to us, you can do so by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Breach: In case of any breach or threatened breach to the provisions of these Terms, we reserve the right to suspend your account, disqualify you from our contests, bar your entry into future contests, and suspend your access to our Website or courses, at our sole discretion. In such cases, you shall not be eligible for any refund or compensation either.
- Severability: If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Force Majeure: Black and Belonging, its owner, and its agents will be excused from performance for any period during which, and to the extent that, such party or any subcontractor is prevented from performing any obligation or service, in whole or in part, as a result of causes beyond its reasonable control, and without its fault or negligence, including without limitation, acts of God, strikes, lockouts, riots, acts of terrorism or war, epidemics, communication line failures, power failures and government-imposed lockdowns or similar restrictions.
- Updates to these Terms: We may add to or change or update these Terms at any time, from time to time, entirely at our own discretion, with or without any prior written notice. You are responsible for checking these Terms periodically. Your use of the Website after any amendments to the Terms shall constitute your acceptance to such amendments.
- Grievance Officer/Designated Representative
- Name: DeLeon Gray
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: 919-443-5029
- Feedback and Information
We welcome your questions or comments regarding the Terms. You can write to us via email: email@example.com.
Last updated on March 30th, 2022.